The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Sunday, October 24, 2010

10/24/10

There is still some Borage left in the yard


A good friend suggested I keep posting even though I'm still not able to walk. He thinks,otherwise, people may think I have abandoned the blog.
It has been a nice fall even though the colors are not very dramatic this year. I'm doing a lot of reading , talking with my friend on the computer, and making Photo Stories. Here is a link to one of them.
Pictures of my dog Kelley on various hikes around Maine.The music is 'Browning' by Elway Bevin-played by Jon Sayles from his free music site:http://www.jsayles.com/familypages/earlymusic.htm

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJohnlfiedler?feature=mhum#p/u


4 comments:

  1. Nice shot John,
    borage, like most of blue-violet flowers, is very difficult to render in true colors. It was said to be a limit of the old films, but now with digital cameras it is the same story.
    ciao
    Dimitri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank,Dimtri. After my friend encouraged me to keep posting, I was in the back yard trying to wheel my chair through the grass and not doing very well. That picture was badly underexposed and I couldn't manage natural color but I liked what I got anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see you posting again. I realize that it will take a while before you are back climbing trails 4 or 5 hours per day. That's okay...we will wait. In the meantime a picture or two and a few comments will keep me checking back on your progress. The photostories that you have done (with musical soundtracks) are remarkable. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, John, for your comments and encouragement.I have changed the link to the Photo Stories on You Tube because they seem to work better there.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your