The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Saturday, January 14, 2012

1/13/12 The Neighborhood

Woke to about 3 inches of snow with snow, sleet, and freezing rain forecast for this afternoon. I have an older neighbor who's drive I do along with mine, with his snow blower. It was still dark and I was sitting at the computer thinking about shovel or blower and not wanting to do either when I heard a machine in my drive. Another neighbor had come by and was doing my drive and had already done the other I do - a really nice surprise- especially for a Friday the thirteenth.

Kelley was hot to get out into the fresh snow so we just walked around the neighborhood for an hour and a quarter. In addition to snow to romp in there were lots of folks out (clearing their drives) for Kelley to greet. This also makes her happy as well as bring smiles to the people as she approaches with her full body wag. Many people who were more interested in the task at hand stopped what they were doing when they saw her straining at her leash to get to them.

Altogether a very pleasant morning.

2 comments:

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your