The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Saturday, April 7, 2012

4/6/12 Bangor

Cold gray dreary day. I couldn't get motivated to come up with a hike so we went downtown for an hour and then came home and did a little work cleaning up the neglected gardens- Kelley watching to make sure I did it correctly. She likes downtown because there are so many interesting smells and also lots of people to meet.



There were several of these large trees with odd bark at the edge of a playground. I don't think I have seen this variety before. They looked dead but I will return to see if that is true.



Fixer Upper



Part of the old police station

4 comments:

  1. I know that your blog is for Maine hikers...but I'm not a hiker myself and I find the downtown Bangor pics more interesting. Kelley and I are rooting for more downtown stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment John- The thing I don't like about downtown is that I have to keep her on a leash. We have several days of poor weather forecast so we probably be back in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I Love the tree-- reminds me of some I saw in the Pacific northwest. They had lots of lichen on them, though. Very thick, ropey bark. Nice picture!

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your