The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Tuesday, May 1, 2012

4/30/12 Sklar Park




I needed to work on garden stuff so we just went to nearby Sklar Park. We started from the Boy Scout office and walked to the retirement community. I decided to see if we could follow the roads and get to the trail at the end of Gilbert St. to make a loop.  In the community there was no traffic so we walked along  with Kelley off leash. We were suddenly at the main road with lots of traffic. Before I could grab her Kelley spotted some workmen across the road and ran across to greet them. Cars had to stop but she made it safely across- really frightened stupid me. Back on her leash we followed Main St. to Gilbert, walked down it and met two Labs, and then took the trails back to our start.


A pleasant walk except for the dash across the road. 1  1/2 hours

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that Kelley wasn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John- very scary - and stupid on my part

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your