The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Friday, May 2, 2014

5/2/14 Walden

Yesterday it rained all day- mostly drizzle but even Kelley wasn't interested. That also kept me from the garden on which I'm way behind, so today ( a nice sunny day) we just went to nearby Walden for an hour and a half .

Still looking kind of wintry, only without the snow.





The sky, however, was an amazing blue


Some of the birches seem to be permanently bent from all the ice we had




 Lichen- not the sign of spring I was looking for


Almost back to the car we finally found it- I now know it is called coltsfoot


A short but nice hike- shirtsleeves all the way and lots of water for Kelley. When we got home she stayed in the sun to dry off as I worked in the garden.I planted four sections of different mixes of salad greens and four other separate varieties, scallions, and broccoli raab. I also brought out and later took in 8 trays of seedlings for hardening off and transplanted ( indoors) some just emerged pepper and tomato seedlings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your