The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Tuesday, May 6, 2014

5/5/14 Demeritt Forest


Cool and gray- was supposed to be sunny and warmer. We hadn't been here since it was snow covered and the start from Logan Rd. looked promising.


As did the start of the Green Trail


but it turned out to be a very wet trail


which Kelley didn't mind


we completed the loop and then started down the Blue toward the Yellow but it was also very wet so we went the other way. When we got to the 9 intersection I took a trail that was not blazed and that didn't go very far. We turned around again and went through some nice woods



but ended up back on a road. After a bit I could see the parking area and realized we we were back on the Logan Rd. I turned to head back to another trail but Kelley sat and refused to follow me. When I turned and headed for the car she followed me. She apparently had had enough, after only an hour-very unusual . It then started to sprinkle and I gave up. Kelley had seemed  happy with all the water and didn't show any signs of distress. Tomorrow will be telling. 

2 comments:

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your