The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Tuesday, May 26, 2015

5/25/15 Newman Hill


Another warm day but overcast with a forecast of rain - and for the next week. I wanted to try to get caught up on garden work so we went to nearby Newman Hill to save the driving time- about 7 miles from home.

At the start there is a pond on private land - Kelley doesn't read.


A bit of a breeze so the closeups were a challenge, waiting for lulls in the wind and finding subjects a bit protected from the wind. Kelley was mostly patient but as the hike continued she did whine a few times when I stopped. All of that didn't stop me from going a bit overboard with the pictures - it was a long winter.





There was lots of water for Kelley





Left over from last year


More water


Young cones





There were several flowering trees and bushes.


I photographed this the last time we were here but liked it even more with the extra vegetation.

Three bugs


Pine Pond


 After Pine Pond we went along the old rail bed


 until we came to the part covered by water- another chance to swim


We then turned and headed back


This Tent Caterpillar seems to be just starting. I don't think I have ever seen one alone





A pretty good hike. I was pleased with the number of things I found to photograph, Kelley seemed happy and was in the water at numerous spots ( I spared you some of those pictures) . We met a man in the parking lot who was leaving but otherwise had the place to ourselves. 1  1/2 hours 

6 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone could complain about too many pictures. Love them all--except the tent caterpillar. Blech. We have them here as well, and from the size of some of the nests I've been seeing, it's gonna be a bad year for them.
    This looked like a really nice place to hike. I'm sure Kelley didn't mind trying out all the water-LOL!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue- it is a nice spot and close. Kelley was really happy with all the water.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Linda - so glad it's time for them at last.

      Delete
  3. I liked the picture of the white flowers the best.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your