The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Tuesday, April 26, 2016

4/25/16 DeMeritt Forest


Yesterday Kelley did not want to hike but today she was ok. I'm going to try hiking every other day. I think her age is starting to tell - she will be 9 in August.

Today - upper 40's but sunny with little wind so a pretty good day to be in the woods. Still no leaves on the trees or wildflowers and the light was very contrasty so not a good day for photos.

Freshly cut stump


First small stream


Parts of the trails were still pretty wet or muddy - no problem for Kelley.

Another stump


Taking an apple break. She eats quickly and so usually gets part of my half too.


Another wet section


Kelley did well and I let her choose parts of the route. She is definitely slower and I slowed to her pace - I naturally walk fast - and this seemed to work well. We had the place to ourselves so a nice peaceful hike. 1  3/4 hours

4 comments:

  1. Love the stump photos--you always find nice things (even if there aren't any flowers yet!)
    Glad Kelley was better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue- not only no flowers, it's snowing (lightly) as I write this.

      Delete
  2. I always admire the way you get out to hike everyday. Poor Kelley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - for Kelley, I'm now trying every other day. Off days she lays around the yard and sleeps- gives me a chance to finally get the garden ready.

      Delete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your