The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Saturday, June 25, 2016

6/24/16 Perch Pond


Another pretty day  - sunny  - 57 when we started and 69 when we finished. Some deer flies but no mosquitoes or black flies. A little rain last night so there were still drops on the plants.








In the small pond - my pant legs were already very wet so I didn't go down through the grass for a clearer picture.





 There were dragonflies landing on the little bridge at the end of the pond - not the best shots but first this year


I seem to have somehow got some kind of multiple exposure here- not on purpose and don't know how it happened.


In Perch Pond


I didn't see the crab spider until I processed the picture


Kelley did well today and took the lead at times. She even got in the pond at a spot she usually doesn't, use because it's more difficult for her to get out.   2 hours

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice outing.
    Don't you just love those little surprises like the spider. There's always something neat out in Nature.
    Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - yes, those surprises come more often as my eyes get older

      Delete
  2. What great nature you captured, John. That little crab is just cute and the double exposure is definitely a head-scratcher! How great that Kelley did something different. I don't know what it means, but I'm sure it's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty - I'm hoping some of what we are doing is working.

      Delete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your