The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Wednesday, August 3, 2016

8/2/16 Stillwater River Trail

Another hot one on the way ( It got over 90) but I had decided to try shorter daily hikes; so we got an early start and headed for nearby Orono. It was still comfortable for our walk.

The trail starts downtown and follows the river for a couple of miles.

There was a some interesting vegetation along the way.





 and, of course, water for Kelley


Jewelweed


Some kind of grass


The point at which we turned back


Unknown berries


Last chance before the car


A nice little outing. Kelley did well and I stuck to 1 hour. 

2 comments:

  1. Love that Jewelweed. I don't think I've ever come across that.
    I chuckle-your "short" outings are more than most people do in a week!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue there is a similar yellow flower called Pale touch me not or pale Jewelweed. We used to do about 3 hours most days

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your