The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Thursday, July 6, 2017

7/5/17 Partridge Pond



Fifty seven when we got up but into the eighties during our hike.


Start of the trail



First dragonfly of the year



Some colorful fungi



Last time we were here there were little streams running and many pools along the trail. Today they were all dry and Kelley had to settle for this little patch.



Until we got to the pond











We cross a small stream to get to the ledge that can be seen in the earlier picture of the pond and there have an apple break



And another chance at the pond for Kelley



Sheep Laurel - when I saw this the other day I thought it was new to me but since then I see lots of it. The small flowers ( 1/4 inch) make it easy to miss



Unusual weed



Kelley seemed to be bothered more by the heat today and was doing a lot of panting so we skipped Ducktail and just did the one pond today. She was slow but did OK and we got in an hour and three quarters.

5 comments:

  1. Another beautiful trail and the flowers so pretty plus more than enough water for Kelly to keep her cool. I don't blame her for being bothered by the heat, I hate heat as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serafina - Yes, I picked this one for the water. I don't like heat either, luckily there aren't that many really hot days. How's the house hunting going?

      Delete
  2. Looking around Waterville. Found a huge fixer upper that luckily doesn't need any major work. Fingers crossed. My husband can do the work himself and I'll help of course. Not too far from the ocean , just a little over 1 hour. We just want to move there ! Can't wait!! I'll be looking for a job in the healthcare field :)

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your